Good things I’ve noticed this week:
- Gatsby Ice-type body deodorant sheets. They are fantastic and I love them to bits.
- cold showers
- pigeons flying alongside the car
- crows taking baths in the waterfilled wheelbarrow across the way
- moving towards completion of a long-term project that I never thought I’d actually finish
- salty vanilla chocolates
- misty mornings with thousand-year-old trees
What good things have you experienced this week?
A new thing I’m gonna try doing is, all week, making a brief note of good things that I noticed, that happened to me, that I thought of, etc., and post them all here. A wee “it wasn’t all shit” post at the end of the week. So, without further ado:
- When driving, a truck passes, and there’s a dramatic gust of wind through the open window, loud too, which synchs perfectly with the dramatic climax of the song you’re listening to.
- Also when driving, when flight after flight of dragonfly approaches your car, wave after wave of them, matching with the nostalgic fade-out on the song you’re listening to.
- Seeing a doctor who acknowledges that your illness is an illness, and not just a side effect of something else. Also when he can speak a little bit of English, which aids communication both ways.
- Being able to feel sad, both for oneself and others. It’s good to have a degree of empathy.
- David Tennant as Hamlet
- feeling comfortable in one’s own clothes
- manufactured boy bands
- legs that feel like legs and not like heavy lumps of horrible melty flesh (this will only last as long as this cool spell does, but I’ll take what I can get)